So living where we do with some good neighbours around, we had a visit from one a few days back with a hefty supply of fresh local salmon, caught that morning, filleted and looking absolutely fabulous. However it was packed as a whole side (or rather 2 whole sides) and we figured that 3 of us (in the absence of Banana) would probably not put away a whole side of salmon. Maybe. We probably would have. But anyhow, the opportunity arose when I arrived home with not one, not two but three foreigners who had to see the sights of home! Well with 6 mouths to feed, the obvious answer was a massive side of salmon.Here’s what you need: 1 side of salmon, or a few fillets should you prefer to not feed 6 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed and cut roughly Plenty of cracked black pepper Sea salt, roughly crushed
- Preheat your oven to 180
- Prepare a baking tin with some tinfoil
- Place salmon, skin down, on the tinfoil
- Take the garlic and press onto the salmon. Make sure to spread it out nicely
- Spread plenty of pepper on the salmon and add salt. Don’t oversalt!
- Dot the salmon with butter, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Pop in the oven until just cooked. It took me about 25 mins but it wasn’t very thick!
We actually then used about half of the fish in a risotto, which was rather lovely and which I will post presently!
You can omit the butter if you need to (Unfortunately the tightening belt may push you to it)
It set us up nicely for some farming activities in the evening! It was a fantastic weekend, thanks to the girls for being fun 🙂