Ok I know its been ages, and I’ve been having photo upload problems lately, but in the meantime I am going to give you a lovely simple recipe that everybody will request. I picked this up working in a restaurant and it was always a hit. I kinda jazzed it up with a few choice additions like rolos though. (Rather proud of that one actually)
What you need
- 3 x 100g bars of dark chocolate. (In the restaurant they used wonderbar cooking chocolate, I use a mix of milk and 50-70% depending on mood)
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 18 digestive or rich tea biscuits, broken into medium sized pieces
- Optional: 2 packs of rolos, maltesers or muchies
- Optional: about 10 large marshmallows
- Decoration: White chocolate
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt over a double boiler or in a bowl set over simmering water
- When the chocolate is melted, pour into a mold or plain old bowl. You may want to pop a layer of clingfilm in first and smooth it out, which makes it easier to unmold. I, however, forget to do this every single time and so will mention the other way to unmold later.
- Add the biscuits, marshmallows, maltesers and rolos and stir to distribute evenly
- Here you need to move fast. Add the condensed milk to the mixture and stir quickly to mix completely. It will set very quickly so be on the ball people!
- Smush down so that the top is flat as this will be the base when you unmold.
- Pop in the fridge to set fully. At least 1 or 2 hours should do it.
- If you forgot to line the bowl you will then want to steam the bottom of the bowl for a minute or give it a blast with a hairdryer.
- Turn upside down and unmold, cut up into generous slices and be happy in the knowledge that you look like a culinary expert after minimal effort, boo ya!