Yes. That is their official title. Please do not refer to them as anything but this title.
These were one of my cookies for the #twookieparty! Link to yere own posts in comments #irishfoodies!
These, my good people, come with a warning: You cannot stop at one. Sorry. Sorry to your waistline too. But you have now been warned. lets get to the good stuff…
You will need to make 12 large cookies or 24 mediumish small:
- 160g flour
- 120g butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g light golden caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, 1 egg yolk mixed together minus a spoonful of the mix. Sorry.. awkward.
- 180g choc chips- I use 60% cocoa
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. And prepare a baking sheet! Maybe two.
- Right oh. First up- you’re gonna brown your butter. To do this, get a saucepan with a light coloured bottom so you can see it change colour. Keep some cold water in a sink etc, as you may need to stopPut your butter in the pan, put over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Watch it like a hawk. As soon as it turns to a tan colour (keep an eye on it under the bubbles, it will turn too dark very very quickly). If you need to, plunge the pan in the water to stop it cooking and burning. (Although all is not lost if you do as you can use it in some french sauces).
- Pop that in your mixer. Let it cool a little, add your sugar and cream until pale and creamy.
- Mix all the rest of your dry ingredients up in a nice bowl…have it at the ready…
- And mix your eggs and vanilla together…
- And add your eggs and vanilla and beat til nicely mixed.
- And stir in your flour.
- And stir in your chocolate chips. All of em. You may eat one. Quality assurance that is.
- Spoon out in little spoonfuls like:
Notice they’re not very even. Cos I was making 5 items on my baking friday, so I wasn’t bothered. Ooops.. They taste just as good, trust me.
Put em in the oven. Then, then this happens..
Let cool on the tray for a few minutes, and remove with a spatula to cool on a wire tray.
Eat em warm. Seriously. I mean, these guys are good.. but warm: they are amazing…
Have two. Gowaaan…
AS if I haven’t eaten enough cookies lately, now I will HAVE to bake these beauties. http://likemamusedtobake.blogspot.com/2010/07/twookieparty.html here is my intial #twookieparty post. I will post further links to recipe posts as I publish them.
No point in making them if you don’t also get to try a few. Like you said, quality assurance…
Pingback: White Bean, Salami and Spinach Salad and Italian Chocolate Fridge Biscuits
Pingback: Chocolate cookalong, who’s with me? « Cake in the country..
Pingback: Christmas baking & gift giving 1: Super easy fairycakes with Salty Sweet Buttercream icing | Cake in the country..
Pingback: Salted Caramels – The Book Eats 2 and a very well received gift. | Cake in the country