Well I have promised you recipes, and so here is a yummy one for Honey Mustard Marinated Pork cutlets, courtesy of Bord Bia, and their fabulous quality assured Irish Pork (Irish baby, it’s all good). This is super simple and just lovely. I recommend making the marinade on a Sunday so you have an easy Monday dinner!
Honey Mustard Marinated Pork Cutlets (Recipe for 2 pork cutlets)
2 lovely Quality Assured Irish Pork Cutlets
In a shallow bowl/ziplock bag mix together:
• 3 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp wholegrain Guinness mustard (Since we’re going with the Irish theme like)
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
(You may like it less or more sweet, so taste a wee bit before you use it and adjust to your own tastes!)
1. Put cutlets into the bowl/bag and make sure they have lots of marinade covering them.
2. Then pop them into the fridge and leave for at least 12 hours, preferably 24 to get yummilicious.
3. The next day it’s time to cook em up.
4. (Now I pan fried these to start with but they were mighty thick and I wasn’t mad pushed on the idea of giving everyone food poisoning, so I gave them 20 minutes in a 180degree oven after browning them).
5. Heat up a griddle pan until really hot and put a little olive oil in the pan. Place your cutlets in the pan for about 2 minutes aside until looking lovely and griddled looking.
6. Pop them into an oven dish and pop the leftover marinade over them (bonus marinade yay) and put them in a preheated (180degrees C) for 20 minutes. Reduce cooking time if your cutlets aren’t very thick, you don’t want them burned to a crisp.
7. Take them out and serve with buttery mashed potatoes and/or stir-fried vegetables! Delicious
Again, thank you to Bord Bia for their lovely gift. Have one more recipe to write out, expect it in the next few days!
yum, this sounds delicious, i think im going to make it tonight! thanks for the recipe, and i love your blog.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Honey & Mustard Marinaded Pork Cutlets « Musings of a med student.. -- Topsy.com
Pingback: Pork Cutlets with Creamy Garlic Mushrooms « Musings of a med student..