I came across this whilst trawling through my beloved google reader. I am, of course, subscribed to steamykitchen (Jaden, should you ever read this: You are amazing). I looked at it.. I read it. I reread it. Surely, surely a perfect tomato sauce couldn’t be this easy.. Interest roused, I had to try it! And I did. And then I spent the next hours gobbling tomato sauce with anything that it could be put on. And texting/emailing/tweeting Mary about how amazing it was. And it is. And it is now a staple. Love it.
It takes a whopping 3 ingredients.An onion Butter x a big chunk. Specifically 5 tablespoons. I eyeball it.
2 tins of tomatoes (I also put in a semi crushed clove of garlic. Cos.)
- Cut your onion in half. Put it, the butter and the tomatoes in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Leave for 45 mins to 1 hour.Until it’s thickened and beautiful.
- Scoop out your onion and garlic. Pure tomato goodness left.
- You don’t need to add sugar, the sweetness of the onion comes right out. Its amazing.
- Thats it. Seriously. AMAZING.
Butter is class.
Serve with garlic bread for food joy.